Thursday, August 12, 2010

Belize

I know, I know I have been horribly negligent of my blog for the last few months but between work/school, planning the wedding, and going on vacation I haven't had much time to take pictures let alone post them.

That all changed in Belize on our honeymoon. I accidentally took over 2,200 photos on the trip so needless to say, you'll only be seeing a small handful of them here on this site. As for the others, I'll be posting a huge album somewhere yet to be determined.

Let me start by saying that Kyle & I had an absolutely amazing time in Belize! The resort we stayed at was beautiful, the weather was gorgeous (except for a couple random thunderstorms, but that's to be expected in the Caribbean :) ), and the tours that we went on were a ton of fun. We visited Mayan ruins, hiked in the rainforest, took a riverboat tour, went scuba diving, and saw some beautiful places, animals, and plants. I sat down yesterday to choose my favorite shots from the trip to share, and I ended up with 96...oops! That's way too many shots to upload on one post, but I don't really want to weed any of them out so I've decided to break it up. Starting today, I'm going to be posting 10 or so shots from the trip every couple of days for the next week or so. I hope you enjoy them!

First up, here are some pictures of the resort where we stayed:

The main lobby and adjoining restaurant

The view from the restaurant

The beach

The "old" building

One of the docks, the sea, and the sky :)

One of the pools, complete with Tiki Bar

The paths in between the buildings were even pretty.

Since we were on our honeymoon, we got upgraded to a beachside villa in the "new" building. Lucky us! Our room was the one on the ground floor furthest to the right, and it was awesome!

This was the view from our room. Because July is part of Belize's "rainy" season, there aren't many tourists around that part of the year. The resort wasn't very crowded while we were there, and we were able to claim this as our own private pool during our stay.

And "our" hammocks

3 comments:

  1. It is beautiful! Glad you had such a great honeymoon.
    I was getting tired of the snow pictures since I kept checking back often. So were Vicki and Heather:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of the hammocks! And yes, It is good to have you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of the hammocks too!

    ReplyDelete