Friday, August 13, 2010

Hopkins

The resort where we stayed was just outside of a village called Hopkins. One day we rented a golf cart and went exploring the village. These are a few of the shots I snapped as Kyle whizzed up and down the main street of the village (as much as you can whiz in a golf cart :) ).


A basketball court (that was packed every other time we saw it when we were coming and going through town to embark on or return from our tours)

The school playground
A Sunday afternoon baseball game

A local home

The town church


And some local businesses:
A fruit and vegetable store

The local barbershop

And a local restaurant and tourist spot

This bike was parked outside of a grocery store. You probably can't tell by the picture, but it would be too big for me if I tried to climb on. This little girl, I swear she was probably only 7 or 8 and much shorter than I am, comes running out of the store, jumps on the bike, and rides it down the street with both feet on one pedal because she's not big enough to reach the pedals from the seat. I was pretty impressed!

And the road through town

1 comment:

  1. This is just how I pictured it and I'm really hoping to get a bike like that for my birthday...but with a basket.
    Keep the pictures coming.

    ReplyDelete